New Jersey 101.5
New Jersey 101.5 (WKXW-FM), owned and operated by Townsquare Media, is looking for an exceptional full-time multimedia journalist to join our Edward R. Murrow award winning news team! If you can handle a fast-paced newsroom environment that places as much value on great digital content as it does on great on-air content, then we want to hear from you. We are seeking an experienced news reporter who can dominate our digital space with great content, dynamic writing, and a strong social media presence, while also providing on-air reporting for our live half-hourly newscasts.
Applicants for this position will have a proven track record that includes online reporting and live on-air reporting. This is an on-location job, based in Ewing, New Jersey. The right candidate should be a self-starter who can develop sources and leads while producing clean and authoritatively written copy. The right candidate should also be a multi-tasker who is comfortable both organizing long-term projects as well as taking the lead during breaking news. The right candidate should have experience in developing content for multiple platforms with a knack for adapting to the latest storytelling tools and techniques. The job requires an appreciation for search engine optimization and how to source stories through social media. Experience with video/audio editing and basic knowledge of online coding a plus. Tell us how your experience will help continue to expand the New Jersey 101.5 brand.
• Publish a minimum of two news articles per day on nj1015.com
• Produce one package per day for on-air newscast rotation
• Write authoritative online and on-air copy with minimal need for edits.
• Understand how to use digital metrics to gauge audience engagement.
• Be social media savvy and skilled at SEO techniques that promote content.
• Develop and pitch news stories
• Work with other reporters on enterprise projects
• Participate in creative discussions with the radio station's editorial team to develop content ideas based on news value and audience demand
• Respond to breaking news in a timely manner
• Conduct recorded and on-air interviews Qualifications:
• At least two years of online and on-air reporting experience
• Ability to handle breaking news events unscripted
• Strong writing and reporting skills with knowledge of AP style and the SPJ code of ethics
• Understand what makes online content conversation-starting and good for SEO
• Goal oriented, a strong work ethic and a sense of what it takes to win is essential
• The successful candidate will be smart, curious, tenacious, independent, passionate, enthusiastic, and work with urgency to meet deadlines.
• Strong desire to be coached, mentored, and developed while comfortable being an individual contributor • Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
• Bachelor’s Degree preferred
• 3 weeks of PTO (+ 9 paid holidays)
• Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
• 401(k) Retirement Plan
• Casual, high-energy work environment
• Opportunity for upward mobility
• Company provided laptop
• Company discounts
• Pet Insurance
• Time off for volunteering
• And much more…
To Apply: Please apply online at: https://careers.townsquaremedia.com/job-openings/?gh_jid=5519922
TOWNSQUARE MEDIA BROADCASTING, LLC MAINTAINS A DRUG-FREE WORKPLACE AND IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. APPLICANTS MUST BE ELIGIBLE TO WORK IN THE U.S. Townsquare Media provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Townsquare Media complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training. Townsquare Media expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Townsquare Media’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge. About Us: Townsquare is a community-focused digital media, digital marketing solutions, and radio company focused outside the Top 50 markets in the U.S. Our assets include Townsquare Interactive, a digital marketing services subscription business providing websites, search engine optimization, social platforms, and online reputation management for approximately 21,900 SMBs; Townsquare IGNITE, a proprietary digital programmatic advertising technology with an in-house demand and data management platform; and Townsquare Media, our portfolio of 357 local terrestrial radio stations in 74 cities with corresponding local news and entertainment websites and apps including legendary brands such as WYRK.com, WJON.com, and NJ101.5.com, along with a network of national music brands including XXLmag.com, TasteofCountry.com, UltimateClassicRock.com, and Loudwire.com.